Friday 29 December 2006

2006 A New Era

2006 was a new start i started to take Parkour seriously, I spoke on msn to a street monkey called Dizzy who said come along to one of their jams i first went to a Street Monkey Workshop in Sittingborne it was a great day out and experience, I bought along Mark as well we met loads of cool traceurs learnt so much and really enjoyed training in the gym, the Sunday after i attended my first Jam i went up with two of the RPK Matt and Mark to Chatham and since then been travelling all over Kent and London meeting people training having a good time, my summer was action packed and i felt so happy with my parkour.

I was speaking to Spence a Whitstable legend he said he had been training with a guy called Jason Matten so i went to Canterbury to meet him he is well known and respected in parkour community for Sin-Clan and PKVM Parkour Video-Mag amazing he taught me so much by using a tree to train my body in the natural method then after he teaches parkour at Canterbury High School this is on every Wednesday.

In December 2006 Jason set up a conditioning Night in Canterbury a car park on Castle street every Thursday this is a regular thing for teams and traceurs alone to do to reduce injury and be stronger to move faster it is called Bottom Level and it is hard trust me about 10 of us go and i soon see the effect it is having on me.

Me and Lewis Todd (Phobia) had set up a community based team and project called Urban Movement to help people learn and get started in parkour.

No comments: