Wednesday 9 May 2007

New Training Ideas.

I recently went over to Whitstable a 35 minute train journey from my hometown of Ramsgate in Kent, to train with a traceur named Matthew Spencer otherwise known as Spence.

It had been quite a while since we last met up and trained together with me i had Matt aka Afro and Chris aka Sniper i waited at the train station for Spence to come along he did barefoot i done some barefoot training way back in my days as a Army Cadet and when i first started taking Parkour Seriously but never walked around most of the day like it, two more locals came along and off we went on a nice sunny afternoon to warm up had a great day out training at all the spots trying new ways of moving.

Next Day was Sunday 6th and i wanted to go out to Ashford to a Jam but couldn't lack of Money, some new students to parkour came over to train with me i know one of them from about 2 years back at Cadets so i met them and started to train barefoot i noticed how my skill was very limited so i thought i take it easy learn to walk again like a toddler.

Monday 7th Normally i rest on Mondays recover from the Jam, but Chris came over to train, Rain spoiled our day a little and i had to rush to the car park for cover and to put my trainers back on. We went back to mine watched one of the funniest films on the planet Feat Tom Green wont say the film lmao, then back off out where i met Jorge & Tom 2 more interested in Parkour.

Chris went back home and the evening i spent helping Jorge & Tom take it one step at a time progressing slowing knowing what they are doing and why they are doing it. I was impressed by the determination and the slight progression i saw and i noticed that the little workout was good for them.

My new goals are to:

Set up a Night (Most Likely Monday) of hardcore conditioning in Ramsgate for the 8-12 dedicated learners that want to get stronger. Thanks to the success and idea of Blane's Hell Night, and Jason's Bottom Level.

Keep training Barefoot Walking-Running to improve my Balance and strengthen my feet.

0n a Saturday Afternoon now the Football Season is over and it seems summer is here go for a nice controlled run along the beach 2 miles with whoever wants to join me and back though a park along the clifftop.

Overcome some mental aspects due to a recent injury and build up my health and fitness back to normal and beyond.

Some Bodyweight exercises i have just started to help my training I'm a total beginner with hardly any background with these not much Gymnastics/Martial Arts etc so will take a while to progress to a steady level but I'm willing to try and not get frustrated.

Handstands - I'm totally useless tbh, I don't try because of that fact but when i have time alone on some nice grass with a bottle of fresh water i will spend some time trying these.

L-Sit - I tried one and failed landed straight back down on my ass, i need to build it up and practice more with the right strength so i added this to my list.

Pistol Squat - Pistols i feel I'm pretty OK at but i know in my mind they can be so much better so my goal is to increase my leg strength by improving my Pistol.

Elbow Lever - A fairly simple skill i think but still need to train and train on this.

That's it for now more stuff to come soon hopefully with pics.

No comments: